Melody is currently on maternity leave until approximately March 1, 2019.
Melody joined Vogel LLP as a summer law student in 2014 and began her articles in August 2016 after obtaining her J.D. from the University of Calgary. Melody graduated from the University of Guelph with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with a double major in Criminal Justice and Public Policy, and History.
During law school, Melody volunteered as a caseworker with Student Legal Assistance, focusing on family, criminal and employment law. Melody also volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada in the Family Justice Services Project, Family Law Court Project and the Innocence Project.
Prior to attending law school, Melody worked at the Law Society of Alberta in the Policy Department. She has also volunteered with the Calgary Drop-In Centre and the YWCA.
Melody was born and raised in Toronto but has lived in Calgary for many years. Melody and her husband have spent the last three years renovating a century home and raising their young son and dog. In her free time, Melody enjoys gardening, camping and cooking.
- Judge Relinquishes Custody of Bickering Self-Reps in B.C. Parenting Dispute
- Damages for Assault in the Context of Divorce
- Ontario Court Finds Child Support Provision of their Family Law Act Violates Charter Rights of Adult, Disabled Children: Implications for Alberta
- What Are Section 7 Expenses?
- Dating Damages: the New Frontier of Family Law?
- Fed is Best? Parenting Arrangements for Breastfeeding Infants
- Nesting Arrangements – Cozy or Crazy?
- Pets – Family or Property?