- J.D., University of Calgary
- B.A., University of Victoria
WHEN I'M NOT LAWYERING
Kasey practices in and assists lawyers in the areas of Family Law, Personal Injury and Estate Litigation.
Kasey joined Vogel LLP as a summer student in 2016 and began her articles with the firm in June 2017. Kasey obtained her J.D. from the University of Calgary in 2017. During law school, she volunteered with the Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund and ProBono Students Canada. She was also a volunteer caseworker with Student Legal Assistance where she dealt primarily with family law matters and appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta.
Prior to attending law school, Kasey lived in Victoria, B.C. where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a minor in Indigenous Studies from the University of Victoria.
Kasey was born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Outside the office, Kasey enjoys cooking and trying new restaurants as well as enjoying the outdoors and staying active by hiking and running.
- The Dangers of Litigation Loans in Personal Injury Lawsuits
- When Children are Involved, Disclosure Obligations Don’t End Upon Divorce
- Surveillance to Harassment – Where is the Line?
- Property or Custody? Genetic Material in Family Law Disputes
- Executors and Personal Liability
- The Tricky Task of Annulling a Marriage