Emily joined Vogel LLP as an articling student in 2019 after graduating from the J.D. program at the University of Calgary. During law school, Emily was both a summer and a part-time law student with a local Calgary law firm where she drafted, reviewed and revised a wide range of legal documents, conducted legal research and consulted with clients. She was active with extracurriculars throughout law school. In particular, Emily gained court experience in the Provincial Court of Alberta with Student Legal Assistance and she worked as the Family Law Program Coordinator for the University of Calgary chapter of Pro Bono Students Canada. Emily also was an active member of the University of Calgary law school rugby team.
Emily previously received her Bachelor of Arts Honours: Political Studies from Queen’s University.
Emily was born and raised in Kitchener, Ontario and moved to Alberta in 2016 to begin her career. Outside of the office, Emily enjoys travelling and spending time with her dog, Walter.
- Gifts vs. Loans in Matrimonial Property Division
- Spousal Support Obligations and New Relationships
- Show Me the Money: Costs Enforcement in Family Law
- Show Me the Money: Financial Disclosure Obligations for the Self-Employed
- COVID-19 Threatens Increase in Domestic Violence
- Urgent Applications During COVID-19
- Pandemic Sheds Light on the Importance of Estate Planning
- Co-Parenting: There’s an App for That
- Divorce of the Rich and Famous – Houses, Vehicles, and Horse Semen?