LAWYERS | Estates | Anthea Law
Anthea is the head of Vogel LLP’s Estates practice group, and focuses her practice on estate and trust administration, estate litigation and estate planning. She probates and administers estates, advises executors, administrators, trustees and beneficiaries, provides litigation support, and works with families whose loved ones have lost their capacity.
Building on skills gained by working in-house in the wealth management division of a large trust company, Anthea also brings experience to the planning and drafting of complex Wills, along with Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives. A double graduate of the University of British Columbia in her hometown of Vancouver, Anthea has degrees in English Literature/Philosophy and Law, and has had several articles published in The Barrister magazine, a publication of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association.
She is a frequent presenter on the topic of estates for financial institutions, investment firms, charities and post-secondary institutions. Anthea enjoys helping her clients work through the sensitive, emotional and challenging legal issues that are inherent in estate law.
- Member of The Law Society of Alberta
- Non-practicing member of The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, Wills & Trusts Subsection
- Member of the Estate Planning Council of Calgary
- Board Member of Leave a Legacy Calgary
- The Royal Conservatory of Music, Grade 10 Certificate in Piano
- Are “Poison Pill” Clauses in Wills Valid?
- What a Trustee Should (And Shouldn’t) Do
- The Validity of Wills
- Adult Interdependent Relationships and Estates
- The Liability of the Executor in Estates
- The Use of Testamentary Trusts in Estate Planning
“Anthea Law was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient in dealing with our inquiries about updating our wills and EPOAs and PDs. She listened to our concerns and issues and was very good at coming up with various options. We would highly recommend Anthea in dealing with your personal and family documents.” – P.G.
“Anthea was highly professional, caring, and thorough as she guided us through the preparation of our wills. It was evident at every juncture that we were receiving the best possible advice, guidance, and representation. Her advice was always presented in a context relevant to our situation. We have the highest regard for Anthea, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend either her or the firm to anyone else. In fact, we have already been doing so.” – J.L.
“My experience at Vogel LLP, and specifically with Anthea Law in drawing up my Will was excellent. Anthea answered all my questions and clearly went through all items that needed to be considered. All was completed in a short timeframe.” – J.M.
“I loved my lawyer Anthea Law. She was professional and extremely helpful in a very difficult situation. She was prompt in replying to my queries and patient and knowledgeable in explaining things my co-executrix and I didn’t understand. I would highly recommend her.” – S.G.
“In May of 2017, I was faced with the prospect of preparing my will. Something like this can be very overwhelming. When I was referred to Vogel Lawyers by my bank. I took their advice and arranged to see Anthea Law. Anthea was very compassionate toward my requests, not to mention very thorough. Every base was covered. Every situation considered. Every aspect of my will was dealt with on a very professional, yet personal platform. When I walked away with my will in hand, I took a great sigh of relief that a very important part of my life had been looked after. And that there will be no confusion when it comes for my will to be read. I truly thank Anthea Law and VOGEL LLP for a job well done.” – P.W.
- In Litigation, Does an Estate Need to be Represented by a Lawyer?
- Executor’s Liability
- The Inevitability of Death
- End of Year Resolutions
- Making a Difference in the Lives that Follow
- Lifestyles of the Rich, Famous and Dead
- Women, Wine, & Wisdom Seminar
- The New Wills And Succession Act: How Does It Affect You?