Experience You Can Count On
Vogel LLP is a boutique law firm in Calgary, Alberta. Our firm was founded in 2000, but our lawyers have nearly 100 years of combined legal experience. As a firm, we give specialized time and attention to each individual case. The diverse backgrounds and skillsets of our lawyers help you achieve the optimal outcome in your case. Your best interest is always our firm’s top priority. We provide you with cost-effective legal solutions that are personally designed to meet your needs.
Family Lawyers Calgary
Who Protect You and Your Children
Our team of family lawyers, mediators and arbitrators are devoted to helping families navigate the complex web of family law. We have successfully helped families struggling with the following legal matters:
- Divorce – We can guide you through this difficult time and take steps to protect your legal interests. We will talk to you about the possible options that are available in your case. If your legal issues can be resolved through mediation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution, we will use these cost-effective strategies to work out the details of your divorce.
- Separation – We can help draft comprehensive separation agreements that address all material issues so that you and your spouse can take this time apart while knowing that your legal interests are protected.
- Division of Property – Our team of Calgary family lawyers can help determine the value of your property and devise plans that allow you to leave your marital relationship in the most secure financial position possible.
- Support Issues – We can represent you in legal matters related to support determinations, including child support, spousal support or partner support.
- Parenting and Custody Issues – We know that you want to protect your children more than anything else. You also want to protect your relationship with your child. We will fight diligently to protect your family during this difficult time. We will also explore amicable ways to resolve these issues.
- Guardianship – For whatever reason, a need may arise for the change in the guardianship of a child. Our Calgary family law lawyers are experienced and can provide you with counsel in situations where you may be applying for the guardianship of children under the Family Law Act of Alberta.
- Mobility – Sometimes life changes and requires a parent to move. At Vogel LLP, our family law lawyers can help you navigate the complicated legal issues around moving with your children. Our Calgary family law lawyers will provide you with a host of options and alternatives to reach a resolution that works for you and your family.
- Abductions – In a few number of cases, parents take the unilateral step of abducting their children to a foreign jurisdiction. Our Calgary family law lawyers have significant experience in dealing with abduction files. We are able to assist you in using international conventions such as the Hague Convention to help return your children to Canada. We also have a great deal of experience dealing with files where children have been abducted to non-Hague Convention countries and have contacts with counsel in a number of foreign jurisdictions to assist with abduction matters.
- Adoption – There are a number of types of adoptions as governed by the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act in Alberta. At Vogel LLP, our family law lawyers can assist you with understanding adoption process and completing the steps. Anyone over the age of eighteen, whether single or married, may adopt a child and there are many circumstances that may bring adoption into one’s life. If you have a child born from a previous relationship, the Vogel LLP team can help your new spouse adopt your child(ren) to become their legal parent. Our family law lawyers are also able to assist those in same-sex relationships who wish to start a family with the adoption process.
Contact one of our Family Lawyers Calgary to learn more about how we can help with your family law matters.
Frequently Asked Family Law Questions
The first step is to request a consultation with one of our family lawyers. The purpose of this initial consultation is for our team to evaluate your situation and for you to fully understand your rights, options and obligations in the area of family law.
During this process, we’ll work together to determine your objectives and ideal outcomes. When the consultation process is complete, you will be in a position to decide whether or not to proceed and retain one of our lawyers.
For most people, working with a lawyer ultimately provides peace of mind during complex and worrying legal situations, such as the breakdown of a relationship or determinations regarding custody and property.
Our family lawyers are here to act as advocates for you and work in your best interest. No two cases are the same and the legal system is often complex and intimidating for newcomers. It is your lawyer’s job to serve you as you navigate the choppy waters of the legal system.
Once retained, your Vogel LLP family lawyer will begin working with you immediately to resolve your legal issue. Part of this work is determining the right mechanism or process for you.
Depending on your legal issue, a wide range of resolution options may be available spanning from agreement (where you are fully engaged in a decision) to an outcome determined by a third-party (private arbitrator or court.) Your lawyer will work with you to select the best course of action and support you throughout every step of the process.
The cost of working with a lawyer depends on the complexity of the matter and the urgency to have it resolved. Transparent discussions regarding cost, risk, and priorities will take place up front during consultation and continue at every step of the process, so you can make the decisions that work best for you.
Personal Injury Lawyers
in Your Time of Need
If you are injured by another person’s negligent behavior, it is important that you have a legal advocate on your side. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can investigate your claim and find all at-fault parties against whom you may wish to seek compensation. Our talented team has decades of experience in the personal injury field and can help you maximize your recovery in these matters.
Experienced Estates and Estate Litigation Lawyers
The Estates and Estate Litigation lawyers at Vogel LLP can work with you and guide you through all aspects of estate planning, estate administration, and estate litigation.
We know how important it is for you to protect your family and your loved ones now and in the future. At Vogel LLP, we create comprehensive estate plans that provide a plan in the event of a future incapacity with the drafting of Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives, and that help you fulfill your legacy and protect your family and loved ones with the drafting of comprehensive wills. Estate planning matters are often emotional for clients, so we approach these legal concerns with sensitivity while addressing your needs through the creation of a will, Power of Attorney, and Personal Directive that clearly state your wishes.
If you are appointed as the Personal Representative of an estate and you need help getting a Grant of Probate and understanding your duties and responsibilities as a Personal Representative, our lawyers have the experience and the knowledge to advise you and to work with you.
Our Estates team is also well aware that disputes can arise in an estate situation. Our lawyers are well positioned to assist in the negotiation of estate-related conflicts through litigation, mediation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution. We work with our clients, executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries, and third parties to achieve a solution that is in the best interests of our clients.
Meet Our Diverse Team of Legal Professionals
We have over 40 experienced lawyers and support staff who are ready to assist you with every aspect of your case. We will work closely with you to determine which lawyer or team of lawyers most suits your needs. The right lawyer will help craft a customized legal strategy that is designed to provide optimal results in your legal matter. Our team approach allows our clients to benefit from the combined experience and knowledge of our entire staff.